For Imme diate Release
Abdus Muhammad, II
AM2 Kids presents: “Junk Food Junkie”, Music for Generation Z “The Digital Natives”.
1 out of every 3 children in America are obese. Michelle Obama’s public awareness program “Let’s Move” aims to improve the health of the nation’s children, and maybe even their parents’ health. The action plan defines solving the problem of childhood obesity. Summarizing the plan it includes:
• Getting children a healthy start on life, with good prenatal care for their parents; support for breastfeeding; adherence to limits on “screen time”; and quality child care settings with nutritious food and ample opportunity for young children to be physically active.
• Empowering parents and caregivers with simpler, more actionable messages about nutritional choices based on the latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans; improved labels on food and menus that provide clear information to help parents make healthy choices for children; reduced marketing of unhealthy products to children; and improved healthcare services, including BMI measurement for all children.
• Providing healthy food in schools, through improvements in federally-supported school lunches and breakfasts; upgrading the nutritional quality of other foods sold in schools; and improving nutrition education and the overall health of the school environment.
• Improving access to healthy, affordable food, by eliminating “food deserts” in urban and rural America; lowering the relative prices of healthier foods; developing or reformulating food products to be healthier; and reducing the incidence of hunger, which has been linked to obesity.
• Getting children more physically active, through quality physical education, recess, and other opportunities in and after school; addressing aspects of the “built environment” that make it difficult for children to walk or bike safely in their communities; and improving access to safe parks, playgrounds, and indoor and outdoor recreational facilities.
Am2kids wants to help, our First Lady promote this the best way we know how thru music!!! But we need your help to do so. Our, children are the future and if we don’t get them healthy and teach them how to stay healthy. Our, future won’t be so bright. The better decisions our children make concerning their health. The more likely they are to make better decisions in all aspects of their lives. Being healthy isn’t just about losing weight it’s a lifestyle. That increases confidence and self-esteem in our children changing their lives and futures forever. JOIN AM2K AND Club97 RADIO IN OUR FIGHT AGAINST CHILDHOOD OBESITY. CHECK OUT WWW.CLUB97RADIO.COM/LETSMOVE/ AND JOIN THE “JUNKFOOD JUNKIE” MOVEMENT! Club97 RADIO PLAYS THE HOTTEST DANCE JAMS ON THE PLANET AND AM2K TAKES KID SONGS TO THE NEXT LEVEL!